The Eleventh Edition of Kraus' Recreation and Leisure in Modern Society provides a detailed introduction to the history, developments, and current trends in leisure studies. It addresses contemporary issues facing the recreation and leisure profession and focuses on challenges and opportunities that impact the profession now as well as years from now. Extensive research into emerging trends helps support the text and provide insights into the future. Focusing on the ten different types of organizations --ranging from nonprofit community organizations and armed forces recreation to sports management and travel and tourism sponsors -- this classic text is an invaluable resource for students considering a career in the recreation and leisure industry.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Features and Benefits
- New and revised Case Studies allow for the in-depth exploration of current issues impacting recreation and leisure now and in the future.
- New Learning Objectives assist students in identifying key learning outcomes.
- - Chapter 4, “History of Recreation and Leisure,” presents a comprehensive overview of historical trends in recreation from ancient civilizations to the modern day.
- - Chapter 10, “Leisure as Profession,” showcases a new set of professionals and the day-to-day responsibilities of the career.
- - Chapter 11, “Future Perspectives,” reflects the increased influence of millennials on recreation activities, as well as climate change as a focus of recreational organizations.
Chapter 1 Foundations of Recreation and Leisure
Chapter 2 Leisure Motivation
Chapter 3 Sociocultural Factors Affecting Leisure
Chapter 4 History of Recreation and Leisure
Chapter 5 Social Functions of Community Recreation
Chapter 6 The Leisure-Service System
Chapter 7 Specialized Leisure-Service Areas
Chapter 8 Travel and Tourism
Chapter 9 Sport as Leisure
Chapter 10 Leisure as a Profession
Chapter 11 Future Perspectives